Draper Holdings is searching for a full-time Broadcast Engineer to join our expanding group of television and radio stations based in Salisbury, Maryland.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for maintaining television broadcasting equipment in proper and efficient working order. This position also performs building maintenance.’
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain broadcasting system, equipment, studio and building to ensure proper operation and efficiency of operations.
• Troubleshoot and perform all necessary repairs and maintenance for broadcasting system and equipment.
• Conduct inspections and preventative maintenance on TV broadcasting system and equipment in accordance with preventative maintenance procedures to achieve proper and reliable operation.
• Provide on-call troubleshooting and maintenance support during non-scheduled hours.
• Measure performance of TV broadcasting system and equipment to verify compliance with federal FCC regulations.
• Maintain written maintenance log of all broadcasting system and equipment issues, failures, general maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs.
• Generate weekly operating log and review report with Director of Engineering.
• Design, document, construct and install equipment for specialized applications.
• Provide maintenance support for minor building repairs and overall maintenance of the studio and building.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record (as defined by the Draper Holdings insurance company).
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide snow and ice removal from satellite antennas as well as sidewalks and other areas around the building.
• Set up and remove holiday decorations. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no direct or indirect reports.
QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES:
Skills and Abilities Ability to work with hand and power tools and electronic test equipment (i.e. voltage, current and power meters, oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, frequency counter). Basic knowledge of computers. Ability to draw and interpret mechanical drawings using paper and pencil as well as CAD. Good attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple events simultaneously. Ability to work effectively as part of a team and follow specific procedures and established guidelines. Proven ability to troubleshoot, analyze problems and provide solutions in timely and effective manner. Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, using the English language. Must be flexible and adaptable to changing needs, responsibilities and objectives based on daily occurrences in the news world.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Engineering field required. 3 to 5 years prior experience in broadcast engineering or maintenance. FCC or SBE certification preferred.
Physical Demands, Work Conditions and Environment:
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally 100+ pounds with assistance.
• Ability to work various shifts and be on-call 24/7.
• Usual office type environment occasionally, as well as non-usual office environment occasionally including climbing ladders, moving equipment, workbench activities, pulling wire and cable and others. • Exposure to dust, grease, oil, paint and other substances as well as working in crawl spaces and other small spaces.
• Exposure to outdoor weather elements.
• Ability to climb ladders, stoop, squat, crawl, pull
• Ability to operate a Company vehicle on a regular basis.
• Must concentrate mind and eyes closely on work for sustained periods, often with very small equipment and/or parts.
• Must have excellent hand/eye coordination and finger dexterity. Eligibility Requirements:
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation, including but not limited to: Driving Record, Criminal Background, Reference Check, Credit Check, etc.
• Must be willing to submit to a drug and alcohol screening.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to execute Draper Holdings Employment Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation and confidentially disclosure.
Send cover letter, resume, and list of references to:
1729 N. Salisbury Blvd.
Salisbury, MD 21801
We are an “Equal Opportunity Employer”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org