WBOC/FOX 21 is one of America’s most dominant television stations. We’re locally-owned and committed to serving our family, friends and neighbors here on the Delmarva Peninsula with high definition local news, three bureaus, helicopter, satellite truck and all the tools. We’re surrounded by the Chesapeake and Delaware Bays and Atlantic Ocean.
This position is responsible for assigning of jobs/stories for the News Team and the logistics needed for gathering, filtering and presenting daily news, breaking news, arranging satellite feeds and live coverage.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine and assign jobs and stories needed on a daily basis to the Video Journalist, Broadcast Journalist and Photographer Editors.
- Follow local, regional and national news stories on an on-going basis to stay abreast of happenings and generate future story ideas.
- Organize daily news and future news releases.
- Coordinate and act as liaison between Video Journalist and News Producers arranging satellite feeds, story details and live coverage.
- Complete news reports for FCC and others, as needed.
- Keep all newsroom personnel and management informed of newsgathering progress throughout the day.
- Solve logistical problems in news coverage, news feed and others as needed.
- Effectively manage schedule and overtime of News Producers, Photographer Editors and other non-exempt members of the News Staff.
- Coordinate maintenance of newsgathering equipment and news vehicles with the engineering and IT departments.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication or related field required. 1 to 3 years experience as a reporter, anchor or related field.
Send cover letter, resume and list of references to:
1729 N. Salisbury Blvd.
Salisbury, MD 21801
No Phone Calls EOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org